Stained Glass Art – The Sun Showing Its Colors
Let stained glass art enhance the sun light in your home.
$350 + actual shipping charges.
U.S. shipments only.
If you read the “About Us” page on this site, it was mentioned stained glass art is one of my hobbies.
In the late 1990′s I use to have a stained glass business. I often sold quite a bit of my work in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, New Mexico at art festivals and arts and crafts shows throughout the Southwest of the United States.
Above is a stained glass panel for a window hanging that I am selling. Its dimensions are 20 3/8″ x 20 3/8″ or 51.75 cm x 51.75 cm.
The panel is constructed using the copper foil method and the glass is Spectrum Water Glass. The metal frame around the glass is Â½â (1.27 cm) zinc came.
This panel took approximately 15 hours to build. Below is a description of how this panel was constructed.
- Step 1: Draw the pattern and select glass.
- Step 2: Number each piece of the pattern and cut it apart.
- Step 3: Using a laundry marker pen, trace the pattern pieces onto the different colors of glass.
- Step 4: Each piece of glass is then scored with a glass cutter along the pattern lines.
- Step 5: After scoring, each piece has excess glass removed by breaking the glass along the score lines with special pliers or by hand to get to the basic shape of each piece of glass in the pattern.
- Step 6: Once the basic shape of each piece of glass has been completed, each pieceâs edge is ground to its final shape using an electric grinder using a grinder head with a diamond abrasive.
- Step 7: After each piece of glass is ground to its final shape, it is then foiled. The foil used in stained glass is made of copper with an adhesive on one side. It is wrapped around the edges of each piece of glass and burnished smooth.
- Step 8: Each numbered piece of glass is placed onto a âcartoonâ of the pattern for itâs specific numbered location.
- Step 9: The foiled pieces of stained glass are then soldered together with lead or lead free solder.
- Step 10: After soldering, the panel is cleaned & finished with a patina that changes the color of the solder. Some patinas change the lead to a copper color, other patinas will change the lead to black, brown or verde (green) color.
- Step 11: The panel is then polished with carnauba wax to prevent oxidation of the solder.
Use âContact Usâ link in this web site if interested in purchasing. Panel is subject to prior sale.
I accept PayPal
Comment on Stained Glass
Comment on the stained glass art and receive an Ebook on Renewable Energy that you can print.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page…
Go to Sunup Solar Power Home Page from Stained Glass Art